Erythromycin oral suspension
|Product Name :||Erythromycin Ethyl succinate oral suspension|
|Packing :||60ml / 100 ml|
|Available strength||125mg/5ml & 250mg/5ml|
|Therapeutic use||Treatment of infections.|
What is Erythromycin :
Erythromycin is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It may also be used to prevent certain bacterial infections. Erythromycin is known as a macrolide antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Erythromycin is used in the treatment of a great variety of infections such as:
- Upper Respiratory Tract infections: tonsillitis, peritonsillar abscess, pharyngitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, secondary infections in influenza and common colds
- Lower Respiratory Tract infections: tracheitis, acute and chronic bronchitis, pneumonia (lobar pneumonia, bronchopneumonia, primary atypical pneumonia), bronchiectasis, Legionnaire’s disease
- Ear infection: otitis media and otitis externa, mastoiditis
- Oral infections: gingivitis, Vincent’s angina
- Eye infections: blepharitis
- Skin and soft tissue infections: boils and carbuncles, paronychia, abscesses, pustular acne, impetigo, cellulitis, erysipelas
- Gastrointestinal infections: cholecystitis, staphylococcal enterocolitis
- Prophylaxis: pre- and post-operative trauma, burns, rheumatic fever.
- Other infections: osteomyelitis, urethritis, gonorrhoea, syphilis, lymphogranuloma venereum, diphtheria, prostatitis, scarlet fever.